- clothes moth
- nounany of several small yellowish or buff-colored moths whose larvae eat organic matter e.g. woolens• Hyponyms: ↑casemaking clothes moth, ↑Tinea pellionella, ↑webbing clothes moth, ↑webbing moth, ↑Tineola bisselliella
* * *noun: any of several small yellowish or buff-colored tineid moths whose larvae eat organic matter (as woolen goods, furs, or feathers) — see casemaking clothes moth, webbing clothes moth
* * *any of several small moths of the family Tineidae, the larvae of which feed on wool, fur, etc., esp. Tinea pellionella (casemaking clothes moth).[1745-55]
* * *clothes moth nounAny of various tineid moths whose larvae feed on wool or fur• • •Main Entry: ↑clothe
* * *clothes moth,any one of a family of moths whose larvae are destructive to fabrics or furs.
* * *n. a small, drab moth whose larvae feed on a range of animal fibers and can be destructive to clothing and other domestic textiles. ● Family Tineidae: several species, in particular the common clothes moth (Tineola biselliella)
Useful english dictionary. 2012.